Outreach programs within the school and wider community are a valued part of what we do. There is a strong emphasis on outreach and social justice at Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School Mosman. We support:
Cana Farm Community
Cana creates transitional employment opportunities for people who have experienced significant personal challenges in their lives, and require a gentle pathway to employment. The school support Cana annually via the Cana Mother’s Day stall, Cana Father’s Day stall, Cana vegetable boxes and Cana produce stalls at our annual Spring Fair.
St Vincent de Paul programs
Sacred Heart parents and student volunteers can contribute to:
- Soup Kitchen – making soup at Vinnie’s head office for night patrol
- Home Baking – families have the opportunity to bake at home and send goods into school for night patrol delivery (delivered monthly)
- Regular Vinnies collections in school foyer for night patrol (delivered monthly)
- Local Vinnie’s winter and Christmas Hampers – products are collected by the families at the school and gifted to people in need in our local community
- Vinnie’s Christmas toy voucher appeal – students are involved in a toy/voucher drive which is gifted to children living in a Vinnies Women’s refuge
- Vinnie’s Behind the Scenes – parents are invited to a day of outreach at Vinnies. They help with cooking, cleaning, packing of products, which get taken out to night patrol and given to the homeless.
Gift of Bread
Every week, Sacred Heart Mosman families and parishioners pack bread donated by our local bakeries. These products are sent out to charities in the local area.
Sacred Heart families donate meals which are shared with members in the community going through difficult times.